Monday, September 26, 2011

Fatty

Hello,
  Another week past and another closer to an awesome game. This last week we caught up (I think) to the rest of the class. In the end we had a hard time deciding whether to do "Fat Knight" or "Rampart Rampage" but we decided to do "Fat Knight". I would have loved to do Rampart Rampage since it offers so many options for further development and really a large playground of art and programming for the group. Personally I LOVE going so far overboard in my projects - and getting them done - just ask Lien Shen, my animations were so far past the requirements but I really love making myself stand out. Although in deciding on the game for the group I could not expect the rest of them to be willing to push it so far and commit so much time. I am a family man myself and I sacrifice a lot of sleep to get more work done without interrupting time with my boys. Don't get me wrong I still love the "Fat Knight" it is going to be a lot of fun and will give us a great opportunity to create a really well put together piece to showcase to potential employers.


  On friday we tried to have an artist meeting but Spencer got called into work and Dan just didn't show up so me and Kelly took a few hours to come together on some concept art we really liked. We combined mostly my body with Spencer's concept head and Kelly's detailing. We also plotted out a menu screen and thoughts on how we would like many things to look. As a group we nominated Spencer for artistic director  so all these ideas that me an Kelly came up with will still be filtered further in the group. I sent out a lot of the art we came up with to the group and some of the ideas and received some really good fead back.  I think I said everything and so I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment