Monday, September 12, 2011

Concept for the "Fat Knight"

 Ok, so we all got really excited about this game. We think that the funny concept and character's behavior will truly sell this game - which is our intention at the end of production. So we all came up with ideas for the pitch and these are the pieces that I came up with. As far as research i checked out a few sidescrollers "Army of Darkness" & "Splosion Man" (which I tried to look at their use of comedy and strategy). Both are great games.
For my analysis of them Army of Darkness had a lot of great features. I liked the look, and the flow of movement and the additional features of the game. What I didn't like is the lack of control that you had over the character - and also that your minions had the ability to be more powerful than you. "Splosion Man" had a great look to it. They used comedic running and gameplay to create perfect balance of comedy that wasn't over the top. I loved the simple controls. The only complaint I can come up with is that some of the features weren't made clear, and I would have liked some kind of power ups and advancing features to make the character change at least a little between levels.


No comments:

Post a Comment