Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Continuation

Ok - Today I approached the same neighbors, and sanitation worker(my friend) I discussed the problems they would like solved to. I showed them two drawing of trash cans. They like the idea of the trash can with the adjustable handle bar for closed spaces and to hold the lid closed outside, as well as the flip up scoop in the back to hold and additional bag on pick up. The sand base was ok to some but some of the women expressed that it might make it difficult to move and that placing the can on the side of the house would be an easy solution for windy days. Everyone liked the foot pedal to lift the lid and the larger wheel for cracked up driveways. My neighbors said they would pay 3 or 4 dollars extra a month on their utilities to handle any additional cost for the state. My other prototype was good but many concerns were expressed. One stated "the net is ok but it doesn't handle the sides when the lid is open", on the same feature the sanitation worker said "it's great to hold the trash in but it creates a time-consuming problem if the homeowner forgets to unhook it for pickup, and if they do the trash could still fall out into the street".  Finally I spoke with a family friend Brian Cook who used to be the Mayor of Kaysville - He stated "I think it's great because if the foot-pedal breaks or other things break 90% of the time it work be the liability of the homeowner so the state would only need to address the repair problems for most everything when the home changes ownership".

No comments:

Post a Comment